In partnership and with support from other organisations and individuals, we:
- Raise awareness on the importance of registration
- Run monthly advice surgery slots for young persons who are destitute, isolated or have very limited income (please see below for referral form)
- Do legal advice casework for young persons. Please referral form below)
- Identify and carry out extensive legal research of law, policy and the application of these (most of this work has been funded by the Strategic Legal Fund (SLF))
- Train lawyers and agencies working with young persons such as Social Services and voluntary organisation
- Provide second tier support to legal and non legal professionals to promote and ensure the highest quality and standard of advice and assistance.
- Work in partnership with private, voluntary and statutory bodies to influence law, policy and practice
- Monitor unlawful and poor practice and challenge this by any legal remedy available
- Identify and do outreach work with excluded and isolated groups and individual young persons
- Increase the capacity of advice in London and other cities by training and supporting groups
Our work is hosted by Migrants Resource Centre (MRC). Some of our advice, casework and litigation is funded by legal aid, a small grant from Paul Hamlyn Foundation and the support of qualified volunteers.
If you wish for PRCBC to assess a young person’s right to British citizenship, please fully complete our referral form. You can download this form here:
Once assessed as suitable to receive PRCBC advice, we would normally offer the young person an appointment at our monthly surgery. Our monthly advice surgery is on the first Saturday of the month and by appointment only. Sadly, we don’t have any appointments available until August 2017.
For information about referrals, please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com
For information on training, volunteering, legal research and any other general information, please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an existent client, please contact us by e-mail: Solange.email@example.com