We are looking for admin and legal admin volunteers
You will need to:-
- have a passion for social justice;
- have a real commitment to the needs of children/young adults and their carers;
- be able to work within a team of professionals and volunteers from a very diverse group;
- for the legal admin voluntary work, commit to volunteering any day of the week (except Wednesdays) from 10:00am to 5:30pm for a minimum period of 6 months; or
- for the admin voluntary work, commit to volunteering every first Saturday of the month from 10:00am to 5:30pm for a minimum period of 6 months.
Our volunteers are given thorough induction, training, support and supervision. We cover reasonable volunteering expenses. All our volunteers are expected to submit to periodic enhanced DBS checks.
The type of administrative voluntary work will vary depending on experience:
Our admin volunteer will be expected to book and confirm appointments, file documents, write administrative letters, photocopy, deliver urgent documents and greet clients from reception, complete simple non-legal forms etc.
Our legal admin volunteer will be asked to undertake some legal research, assist with completion of forms and prepare subject access requests, issue in the high court and much more.
If you are interested in volunteering, please send your curriculum vitae by e-mail and tell us:
1) Why you wish to volunteer?
2) What you expect to get out of volunteering?
3) How soon might you be available to start volunteering?
Legal Advice Centre
London NW8 8HJ
20 April 2017