We are looking for a legal admin volunteer
You will need to:-
- have a passion for social justice;
- have a real commitment to the needs of children/young adults and their carers;
- be able to work within a team of professionals and volunteers from a very diverse group;
- able to work under pressure;
- have done a law degree or its equivalent;
- commit to volunteering on Thursdays and/or Fridays from 10:30am to 5:30pm for a minimum period of 3 months
Our volunteers are given thorough induction, training, support and supervision. We cover reasonable volunteering expenses. All our volunteers are expected to submit to periodic enhanced DBS checks.
The type of legal administrative voluntary work will vary depending on experience:
- undertake legal research;
- assist with completion of non-legal forms and prepare subject access requests;
- draft chronology and index
- book and confirm appointments;
- file court documents and issue in the high court;
- draft simple administrative letters;
- deliver urgent documents;
- greet clients from reception.
If you are interested in volunteering, please send your curriculum vitae by e-mail and tell us:
1) Why you wish to volunteer?
2) What you expect to get out of volunteering?
3) How soon might you be available to start volunteering?
Legal Advice Centre
20 Penfold Street
London NW8 8HJ